Frederick-Firestone Fire Protection District Cadet Program
If you are interested in being a Cadet with the Frederick-Firestone Fire Protection District you are in the right place. Please review the following entry level requirements and Cadet Member Program document, which explains the program in detail. If you meet the requirements, please fill out the Cadet Application and e-mail it to EMT/Firefighter Jon Garand at email@example.com.
Entry Level Requirements
- All applicants must be a minimum of 16-years of age at the time of acceptance into the Cadet Program.
- All qualified applicants will be considered. Depending on the number of participants in the Cadet Program, a waiting list may be established.
- Applicants must submit an employment application through the Fire District’s administrative office.
- Each candidate must complete an interview with the Cadet Program Coordinator. All candidates will be notified in writing if they have been accepted or denied membership into the Cadet Program.
- Each applicant will be subject to the following, including but not limited to:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado ID or Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be enrolled in high school and maintain a 3.0 or greater grade point average; and receive no failing grades for any class.
- Must complete the HIPAA training prior to scheduling any ride alongs.
- Cadets must have parent or legal guardian signature on the signature page to participate in the Cadet Program.
- A member shall only be permitted to remain a Cadet until the day of their High School graduation. If at that time the Cadet is 18 and possesses their EMT certification, they will have the option of transitioning into the District’s Reserve Candidate program.