- The Fire District hires Reserves two times a year, in the spring and the fall.
- The hiring process is in place once we post it on the employment tab of the website. Although we will accept applications at any time throughout the year.
- Reserve/FF applicants must have a minimum EMT-Basic to apply. Firefighter I is preferred.
- Those applicants who do not have a Firefighter I, must obtain it within 12 months of hire date. The District does not reimburse for a Firefighter I academy.
- Reserve/FF is required to be on shift 36 hours a month, must complete a minimum of 3 hours of training a month, and attend one 3-hour continuing medical education session a month.
For more detailed information, please review the following:
- Reserve EMT Firefighter Position Description
- Reserve Paramedic Firefighter Position Description
- Reserve Program Description
Applicants will be required to take the following examinations:
**AIMS Community College Accu-Placer test Physical Agility Test Medical Skills Assessment Board Interview Chief Interview Click here for an example of the Practical Skills Assessment Click here for a PDF diagram of the course
** Applicants must schedule with AIMS Community College in Greeley, CO to take the Accu-Placer Test on their own. The test must be completed, and the results submitted to the Fire Chief prior to the position closing date for eligibility to continue in the assessment process. The fee for the Accu-Placer test is $25.00 and payment must be coordinated with AIMS Community College directly. The location and times for the test are as follows:
Testing information: No reservation required. Please refer to www.aims.edu/student/testing for testing hours and study guides.
Test Location: AIMS Community College, College Center Building, 5401 W. 20th Street, Greeley CO 80634.
Contact: Testing Center 970-339-6533 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to submit an application, please utilize the links below. Please email the completed application and required information to Training Captain Josh Venerable at email@example.com.