In today’s society, there are many kinds of car seats and many kinds of cars. Did you know that eight out of ten child safety seats are installed incorrectly!
If you would like one of our certified technicians to check the instillation of your child’s car seat, schedule an appointment by calling 303.833.2742 (Hours M-F) 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. or feel free to stop by one of our stations to see if a technician is on duty.
The Fire District also offers Car Seat Safety Checks at our Community Safety Days, which we hold four times throughout the year. Community Safety Days are held the fourth Saturday of the month from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on these dates:
- April 26, 2014, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Firestone Home Depot, 10858 Jake Jabs Blvd.
- June 28, 2014, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Location TBA, Frederick
- August 23, 2014, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Location TBA, Frederick
- October 25, 2014, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Firestone Home Depot, 10858 Jake Jabs Blvd.
Important information to remember:
- There is no charge to participate in the car seat safety checks.
- If you have more than one vehicle it is recommended that you bring both.
- If you have older children, please bring them with you so that we can make sure they are in appropriate car seats/adjusted properly in connection with the new seat for your newborn.
- While we highly suggest you make an appointment, it is not necessary. NO appointment is needed during the Community Safety Days.
For more information about the Car Seat Safety Checks, please contact our Community Outreach Specialist Summer Stair.