Mission / Vision / Values
Committed to providing the highest level of life and property protection through; fire suppression, an integrated pre-hospital care system, technical rescue, fire prevention, and public education to all residents and visitors living in and traveling through our District.
We are always dedicated to answering every emergency no matter time of day or location with the utmost professionalism and compassion. We stand ready to support and assist neighboring emergency services in accomplishing their missions through coordination and mutual aid response. In accomplishing our mission, we recognize our employees and volunteers are our most important asset.
The Frederick-Firestone Fire Protection District is challenged and trusted with keeping pace in the ever-changing world in which we live and work in order to provide essential, life-saving services and enhance the quality of life in our communities. We must never forget we stand on the shoulders of those who made the sacrifices and commitments to build our organization’s foundation, and we will honor them with our steadfast commitment to the community. We must also adapt, maintain flexibility and work progressively in order to be a successful organization.
We believe that the following statements provide us with a vision that enables our continued operation as an exceptional organization:
- We will be responsive and proactive to the needs and priorities of our communities and the safety and support of our members.
- We will strive to be a model of excellence in providing emergency medical services, fire prevention & protection, public education, and other related life-saving services to our communities.
- We will be an organization dedicated to continuous improvement, accountability, transparency, and dependability in every detail of the services we provide.
- We will foster an atmosphere and internal and external relationships based on trust, involvement, innovation, creativity, and stewardship.
- We will be an organization rooted in our community and acknowledged for its commitment to serving others, no matter the cost. Leading Together, By Serving Together!
Our core value is anchored in service. Our defining values include:
The one value that inspires our culture and remains the glue of our other core values. We recognize we are often the last line of defense for those experiencing personal tragedy and we stand ready to intervene, keeping you, your family and community safe.
We believe it is our privilege to serve you while upholding a code or personal integrity intertwined with trust, dignity and respect at all times.
We believe it is our moral and ethical obligation to commit ourselves to always being prepared and ready to intervene on your behalf.
We believe in empathy and kindness that motivates us to go out of our way to help the physical, mental, or emotional pains of another and themselves.
We believe in being honest and showing a consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values in our actions and decision-making principles.
We believe as an organization supported by our citizens, we commit ourselves to careful, transparent and responsible management of your property and financial resources.
We believe in maintaining an attitude of mastery that reflects the ever-changing world around us. As the expectations and demands continue to evolve we will remain competent and skilled in emergency services.
"Serving Together, By Leading Together"